Our facility is conveniently located in the Morningside, Sandton area. It is easily accessible from any part of Sandton and its surrounding communities. Our wonderful atmosphere promotes well-being and enhances our patients’ recovery from injury.
As qualified and registered physiotherapists, we are experts in biomechanical movement. It is our passion and dedication to help you stay active, healthy and moving; allowing you to continue all the activities that you love. To develop our areas of interest, each physiotherapist continues to enhance their knowledge and skill through post graduate diplomas and courses.
The practice places great emphasis to treat patient with a hands-on approach in order to treat our patients most effectively. We will use additional modalities such as: electrotherapy, taping, dry-needling and traction as needed to enable us to perform individualized and appropriate treatments for you.
Our goal is to ensure that we target the underlying root cause of your problem; helping to prevent a recurrence in the future.
The Aim of Physiotherapy is to:
- Treat and manage pain. To enable you to participate in all activities, whether you are training for a big sporting event or suffering from pain due to everyday life or work.
- Regain normal movement patterns using hands on techniques like joint mobilisations, soft tissue release, stretching and strengthening.
- Rehabilitate towards normal movement patterns and biomechanics to prevent further injury and promote complete recovery by correcting muscle imbalances and poor posture patterns.
- Education and Health Promotion. Physiotherapist aim to help patients by promoting health and equipping patients with the knowledge to prevent future injuries.
Poonam is a highly experienced physiotherapist that has a passion for managing patients with sports injuries using sports-specific strength-training programs, orthopaedic rehabilitation, pelvic and women’s health. Poonam prides herself in conducting a thorough assessment to ensure that she fully understands your condition
Qualifications and post graduate studies:
BSc Physiotherapy (Wits) 2009, Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT) 2013
Golden Key academic achievement; Highest ranked student in OMT (post grad certification) 2013
Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Netcare Milpark Hospital, Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital, Natalspruit Hospital
Orthopaedics, Sports rehabilitation, Pelvic health, Women’s health
Conditions managed include:
- Back and neck pain
- Arthritis related pain and weakness
- Corporate health related injuries and ergonomics concerns
- Chest conditions (asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis)
- Chronic pain
- Disc and facet joint injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Muscle injury: strains, tears and spasms
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Neurological rehabilitation (stroke, spinal cord injuries, head injuries and nerve disease)
- Orthopaedic surgical conditions: pre-operative and post-operative rehabilitation
- Posture-related problems
- Sports injuries
- TMJ (jaw pain)
Specialised services offered at the practice
We understand that it may be challenging to sometimes get to the therapy rooms; hence we offer a home physiotherapy service in these special circumstances.
We also offer home visits for all conditions that we treat, where you are unable to travel.
We have a walk-in heated pool with a ramp and rails available at the practice. It is helpful for orthopaedic post-operative rehabilitation (spinal, upper limb and lower limb, neurological rehabilitation, for gait and balance retraining. Hydrotherapy is beneficial for chronic pain and fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis.
Pelvic health-related issues:
Pelvic girdle pain
Pregnancy related pain
Bowel dysfunction (constipation, piles)
Sexual dysfunction (related to the dysfunction of pelvic floor muscles)
- Monday – Friday: 07h00 to 17h00
- Saturdays: (by appointment)
- Reception: 011 802 2498
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency: 081 543 8825
- Web: www.phphysio.co.za
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/apexphysiotherapy1